I’m THRILLED to report that my blog has won The Blogger Recognition Award!
I’ve only been blogging for about a month now, so I’m really excited to have won my first award.
I was awarded by Yukti on their blog Travel With Me 24×7 (an amazing travel blog, please check it out!) .
As part of the nomination, there are a few rules:
RULES TO FOLLOW:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog on your blog post.
2) Write a post to show your award
3) Give a brief story of how your blog started
4) Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
5)Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
6)Comment on each 15 blogs and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
Ok, so here goes!
How my blog got started:
I was actually thinking of starting a blog for a very long time, but my life was extremely hectic. I flipped my first home, and my son and I moved into an apartment for a year. I promised myself once I got a home after my lease was up, that I would start a blog documenting the journey on fixing it up. So as soon as I bought my home, I started this up!
1) Write about something that you’re passionate about, and that you can write a LOT about. You don’t want to run out of material, so start a blog on something that’s a part of your daily life.
2) Always be you. Don’t try to make a blog to to cater to certain people. Write how you would talk, and just be you. You’re not going to stand out if you have a blog that’s just like everyone else’s.
These are some amazing blogs that you should check out. I enjoy each of them, so here are my nominees (in no specific order). Congrats!! 🙂
Brooke from Brooke Brunson
Brittany from Brittany Bolt
Lauren from The Teen Runway
Riddhi from Wife of an Engineer
Noreen from Simply Reeni
Chelsea from Momma Gone Strong
Danielle from Sweet Frivolity
Daniel from Travel Weekli
Niro from Niro Boyce
Stacey from Multiple Sclerosis & Me
Marie from Ladies Make Money Online
Michael from The Bowtie Blog
Ruth from Life of Plenty
FJ from Sasee Chic
Thena from HodgePodge Hippie
Thank you again Yukti! 🙂